to the ladies

by xanthan gum

dance is only the opening and
closing of legs in a skirt that
is always kept down.

etiquette is hidden between the
blades of my razor, between each
pearl-glazed tooth. clothes are manners
on the half-painted stage,
but my beauty is indefinitely buried
between the pores of my skin.

stretching each tendon into a
exquisite Shakespearean vowel,
shoulder blades sharp and bared -
face turned heavenward if only to
catch a drop of dignity in the rain.
Here, I learned that
grace isn't gained but
solely bleeds behind you.

Swires wrote a review...

You manage to capitvate emotion and theme with unique poetic muse, genius and personal endevour, this poem like all others ranks in the top 10 of all poems on YWS.

As a gifted poet you live up to the standards every time and deliver a grammatically sound, imagery rich and beautiful poem on every level.

However. Yes there is always an however. Where is the grammar, capital letters after full stops? You may want to consider adding a little in, unless you intended it for to be freeverse - I think because of your ability we can allow you this poetic freedom. Grammar is the only thing I noticed.

Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:12 am
pink puppies says...

I enjoyed reading this. I loved how you used the details in your story.

Riedawriter23 says...

I really like this. Really great discriptions and analogies. I esspecially liked when you were discribing beauty to be more than skin deep.

Dream Deep wrote a review...

Beautiful, Gummy, as could be expected. ^_~ You always manage to capture such beautiful images and emotions in your poetry - I really have nothing derogatory to say. The wording is beautiful and striking... as most of your poetry. Sorrowful in an intriguing sort of way.

I definitely think you deserve to be considered one of the truly best poets on the site. ^_^

Anne felt that life was really not worth living without puffed sleeves.
— L. M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables